Before Christ returned to his home on high, he had already left the seed of the church. Some years after, the church was booming, as if it were a business. Much money was coming in because of selling indulgences and other stuff. Churches exist and had lots of different times where there were changes in doctrines and other stuff. The churches had ups and downs, but they had all ended according to the plans of God.
The church was there even before I was born. The question was, how did I value the church and the church fathers who fought for the church. But then I realized, what were they fighting for? Were they actually fighting for Jesus, for the truth or were they fighting because of greed of power, authority, or money? How about me? Why do I even go to church and why do I bring people to church?
It's difficult to answer these questions. But I believe that I should change perspective. I mean, it's the least I can do for now. I'm still growing, but I know perspective can change things. How I view the church and the efforts made for the church will bring me to how I value the church. Through this change, I will be able to influence and help change the perspectives of others.
No comments:
Post a Comment